If you’re looking for the Craps table here at The Mill, just listen for cheering and shouting and people having a blast…then you’ll know the dice are hot!
Craps is one of the most popular table games at The Mill Casino. Our guests enjoy the game because it is easy to learn, and pure fun. You don’t have to know everything to play. In fact, with just a little research and a few rolls of the dice, you will soon be playing like a pro!
Start by learning a few small bets and work your way up. Here are some basic things to remember:
1. Craps is played with a pair of dice; each person at the table has a chance to be the “shooter,” but you can bet whether you’re shooting or not.
2. When the Stickperson (the person who pushes you the dice with a stick) indicates it is your turn to shoot, you place your bet. Watch a few rounds and you’ll quickly see how the betting works.
3. The Stickperson will then have you choose two of five dice. Pick two dice up with the hand you use for throwing (you may only touch the dice with one hand) and hit the end of the table with both dice.
What happens from here depends on the dice.
• If you throw a 7 or 11 and you are betting on the Pass Line, you “Win.”
• If you throw a Crap (2, 3, or 12), Don’t Pass bets win and Pass Line bets are taken.
• If you throw anything other than craps, 7 or 11, then that number becomes your “point” (4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10)
• You must repeat the point before a 7 to win.
• Once the point has been established, you continue to shoot the dice until you make your point or 7 out.
All bets are made with gaming chips, purchased at the game. Some bets are made directly by each player (by setting your chips on specific areas marked on the table. Other bets are made by passing chips to your dealer or the stickperson.
You will get the hang of it as you play, and our Table Games Staff will be happy to help with any questions you have.
Download this pamphlet designed to help get you started. Good luck!