Wining and Dining at The Mill After the Wine Walk
One of the great events in the Coos Bay area is the monthly Wine Walk. Strolling around town while drinking wine with your friends is a great way to spend a Friday evening, and the fun doesn’t have to end after the walk is over. Just five minutes up the bay is The Mill Casino • Hotel & RV Park, where you can enjoy dining, entertainment, gambling and more to kick off the weekend. The Mill Casino also provides free shuttle service to their guests who prefer not to drive.
What is the Wine Walk?
Held on the first Friday of every month, the Coos Bay Wine Walk is an event that supports non-profit arts organizations in the community. These walks originated 12 years ago and have garnered over $280,000 in donations to support the local arts. For $10, participants can buy a glass and a map to all of the businesses in the Downtown Coos Bay shopping district who host walkers. You can sample wines and browse what the shops have to offer. Supporting your community while enjoying a drink is a blast, and you can keep the good vibes going once the event ends.
After the Wine Walk ends at 7:00 p.m., it’s a perfect time to grab dinner. The Mill Casino • Hotel & RV Park is home to five different dining venues, all with a unique style and atmosphere. Depending on the mood you’re feeling, you can choose from one of the following:
- Plank House Restaurant: Enjoy serene views of the water while dining in the most traditional restaurant setting at the casino. After dinner, savor a dessert prepared by our in-house bakery.
- The Saw Blade Buffet: If you want a little bit of everything, then the Saw Blade is for you. Meat lovers can get their fix with the prime rib buffet on Friday nights.
- Warehouse 101: When there’s a game on, there is no better place to watch it than at the casino’s sports bar, which features the largest screen wall in the area, delicious wings and 20 craft brews on tap.
- Whitecaps: For a more low-key environment, the Whitecaps lounge offers a small bites menu and the perfect atmosphere for conversation with friends.
- Timbers Café: Finally, stop in for a quick bite at the Timbers Café, where you can grab a variety of food and even free coffee.
Ready for some excitement after the Wine Walk? Head to the gaming floor, which features both slots and table games to fit your preference. We have 700 slot machines that are always open for you to play, so you’re sure to find new options to explore. Switch things up by heading to the table games to play classic favorites, like poker, craps, blackjack, roulette and more. Starting in October you can even place a wager on your favorite game. If you’re unsure of how to play a game, feel free to ask one of our staff members, who will happily help you out.
Another way you can enjoy yourself is gathering your group of friends and heading to a show. There is always something happening at The Mill Casino • Hotel & RV Park, so make sure to check the schedule of events. If you’re in the mood for some tunes, you’ll want to make a visit to Warehouse 101, where you can enjoy live music every Friday night. Head to the dance floor at 9:00 p.m. and groove with the area’s best local bands.
Cap off the Night
If you don’t want the fun of the Coos Bay Wine Walk to end, head over to The Mill Casino • Hotel & RV Park to continue your night. Whether it’s dining, gambling or entertainment, there is something for everyone. Don’t just limit yourself to Friday nights, either. There are promotions and events happening every day. To learn more, call 800-953-4800 for additional information.